5 Ways to Support Pollinators
1. Plant something, anything that flowers. Select native plants when possible.
2. Purchase plants that have not been treated with pesticides. Ask the nursery staff to be sure or choose certified organic plants. Do not use pesticides in your garden.
3. Plant flowers that bloom at different times of the year. Your garden can be a bouquet of flowers from early spring to late fall.
4. Create bee friendly habitat by not being too tidy in your garden. Leave patches of bare soil, leaf cover, logs/dead wood and nesting materials.
5. Purchase food that comes from pollinator friendly farmers. By purchasing from the Big Carrot and local, organic farmers you are supporting pollinators.
Shelly Candel, Director BeeCity Canada