Green Smoothie Magic
When I tell people that I have found a simple tool that can help to balance blood sugar and hormones, help you sleep better at night, increase athletic performance and recovery, boost your immune system, flush out toxins, cleanse your entire digestive tract, improve digestion, give you glowing, radiant skin, keep you hydrated and more, I get mixed reactions.
Sound too good to be true? Well it’s not. I have felt the effects first-hand for myself and have seen it create miraculous shifts with my clients. Feeling skeptical? I guess you will never really know till you give it a try. And why wouldn’t you? They taste great and can be modified to suit any diet ~ meat-eater to vegan, young or old, there is a green smoothie combination that is just right for you.
Here are just some of the things that green smoothies can do for you.
- Dark leafy greens are loaded with chlorophyll which is a great blood cleanser. This gives a gentle boost of energy and a clear head.
- When the greens are blended the cell walls are broken down allowing us to digest and assimilate more nutrition from them. More than just simply chewing!
- They are loaded with enzymes so they help to improve digestion and because they are blended, they are partially digested which gives our digestive system a break at the same time.
- When properly made with a balanced amount of protein and fats and moderate amount of fruit, green smoothies can help to keep blood sugar steady. This gives us balanced energy throughout the day. This eliminates the afternoon dip and the sugar cravings around that time.
- Green smoothies nourish our body on a cellular level, which reduces cravings for unhealthy food and will ultimately help us to attain our best weight.
- Many people find that once starting to incorporate green smoothies on a daily basis their chocolate cravings magically disappear. Green smoothies (and chocolate) are both high in magnesium and many of us are low in this mineral, which is why we crave chocolate. Magnesium is an important co-factor in maintaining the health of our heart and nervous system.
- Green Smoothies are high in anti-oxidants and loaded with minerals. This helps to improve athletic performance as well as aid in recovery. They flush out waste products from the effects of exercise and help to rebuild as well.
- They are loaded with vitamins and minerals that are important for a properly functioning immune system.
- Adding a daily green smoothie is a gentle way of cleansing our body on a daily basis. The minerals in the greens stick to heavy metals and toxins, gently pulling them out, cleansing the entire digestive system. The sticky fibres cling to cholesterol and estrogens removing them too.
- Hydration, good fats, vitamins and minerals and antioxidants will give us radiant skin and help us to look years younger. Antioxidants fight free radicals that can contribute to aging.
- Green Smoothies are extremely portable and the ultimate fast food!!
So what are you waiting for?? Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed.
Need help building them properly? Download my Green Smoothie eBook to access the ultimate formula, simple recipes and to find out my favourite fixin’s.
For more info, recipes and tips, please go to cathyrussellcreativenutrition.com
Cathy hosted a Thursday Evening Lecture about the benefits of Green Smoothies on Jan 8, 2015.