Herb of the Month: Burdock!
Burdock is the perfect Herb to reset our health for the upcoming Spring season with its gentle cleansing properties. Often used in combination for elimination and detoxification, Burdock is considered a blood purifier, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and diuretic. It helps clear the elimination channels within the body and is especially useful for the skin, liver and urinary tract. We sell Burdock in capsules, tincture and tea form at our Wholistic Dispensary! We also carry Burkdock in our Bulk Herb section within Unpacked.
Looking to try Burdock? Try out these cleansing combinations available at our Wholistic Dispensary:
St. Francis 4 Herb Formula
Flora Flor-Essence Herbal Cleanses Original and Turkey Tail & Turmeric
Harmonic Arts Clease tea
Looking to add Burdock to a recipe? Enjoy our “In-between Seasons Soup” recipe below!
- 6 cups filtered water
- Bones from Organic Chicken
- 2 tbs astragalus root
- 2 tbs burdock root
- 2 tbs dandelion root
- Handful of Organic Parsley with stems
- 4 Organic Carrots Diced (with skin on)
- 2 Organic Celery Stalks Diced
- 1 Large Red Onion Diced
- 1/2 turnip slide in 2-inch chunks
- Handful of Green Beans cut in 1/2
- 2 Handfuls of Dandelion Greens, Chard or Kale
- In a large pot, boil chicken bones with water. Add astragalus, Burdock, dandelion, and parsley stems and bring back to a boil. Cover, set on low and let simmer for 45 minutes before straining
- Add cut veggies, parsley, and greens with your broth and bring your soup back to a boil. Cover and let simmer for another 45 minutes
- Add Salt & Pepper and or herbs of choice to taste
*Make it vegetarian by omitting the chicken bones and replacing them with a veggie stock of your choice!