Sparkling Lavender Blueberry Lemonade
Time: 1 hour
Two 500 mL mason jars
4 cups (500 mL) Water
4 tsp (20 mL) Lavender, dried, culinary grade
1 pc Lemon juice
1 tbsp (15 mL) Honey
½ cup Frozen blueberries
2 tbsp (30 mL) Club soda, unsweetened or low sodium
- Fill a large pot with 4 cups of water, pour in the dried lavender and loosely cover so steam may escape.
- Over high heat, bring the water and lavender up to boil for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add in lemon juice, honey and frozen blueberries. Using the back of a metal spoon, crush the blueberries up against the inside of the pot to extract their juices, approximately 5 minutes.
- Let sit until cool.
- Strain the lemonade into mason jars and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to mingle together.
- Serve with ¼ cup of ice and a splash (2 tbsp) of club soda.
Keep this Sparkling Lavender Blueberry Lemonade refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
Recipe by Leanne Soochan, Big Carrot nutritionist