Chocolate Cherry Granola
1 cup quinoa flakes
3 tbsp cacao, sifted
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 sea salt
1 cup pecans
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup dried cherries
2/3 cup coconut flakes
1/3 cacao nibs
1/4 cup hemp hearts
Optional: serve with coconut kefir or yogurt, berries or other fruit of choice, or alternative milk.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread out parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the cacao nibs, coconut flakes, hemp hearts and cherries.
- Spread out the ingredients on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the granola and add in the cherries, mixing well. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the granola and add the coconut flakes, hemp hearts and cacao nibs. Let cool slightly before consuming. Store the granola in a glass jar, preferably in the fridge.
Megan Horsley is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and personal trainer. For more information on services and recipes, visit her website: www.meganhorsley.com