This Coco-Nutty Granola is divine. Eat it like cereal or pour it over yoghurt for an afternoon snack.
3 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted.
3 cups coconut flakes
2 cups unsalted mixed nuts, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional.
3 tablespoons rice malt syrup, optional (omit in weeks 2-5)
1/2 cup full-fat natural yoghurt or milk to serve
1. Preheat oven to 120ºC / 250°F / Gas Mark ½ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine all ingredients, then spread evenly on the tray.
3. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden, turning halfway through the cooking time. The darker it is, the crunchier it will be.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Store it in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 2 weeks (or in the freezer for even longer!).
Note: 3/4 cup = 1 serve
If you are making this recipe in weeks 2-5 of the program, omit the rice malt syrup. After week 5, perhaps make half a batch with the syrup, half without and see what you like.
To make this recipe a little cheaper, replace the 2 cups of mixed nuts with 1 cup of mixed nuts and 1 cup of rolled oats.
Recipe kindly shared by Sarah Wilson author of I Quit Sugar
See nutritionist Kate McMurray’s Cook This Book review on Sarah’s book!