Coconut French Lentil Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clover garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3/4 cup French lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 bunch Swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, chicken broth or beef broth
- 1/2 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Small handful parsley, finely chopped
- In a large pot on medium heat, add olive oil and sauté onions, garlic, carrots and celery for a few minutes.
- Add spices and stir until the vegetables are well coated. Let brown slightly.
- Add the broth and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add sweet potato and lentils. Stir, cover, and cook for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Add coconut milk, Swiss chard and parsley. Adjust seasoning as needed. Stir, take the pot off the heat and let greens wilt.
- Add more parsley for garnish to this french lentil soup upon serving.
Recipe by Megan Horsley
Megan Horsley is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Personal Trainer and works with clients in her private practice, Megan Horsley Wellness. For more information on services and recipes, visit her website: https://meganhorsley.com/