Fall Goji Berry Spice Latte
Goji Berries make a fantastic base for a warm, fall latte that is sure to please. Considered both a fruit and a herb, goji berries are very hearty as they grow in extremely harsh climates. They have become a popular “superfood” over the past few years due to their high nutrient content and antioxidant properties.
1/2 cup goji berries (or pumpkin puree if you do not have goji berries)
1/4 cup hot filtered water
1 cup unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
Pinch turmeric powder
1 tsp raw honey
- Soak goji berries in warm water for 30 mins.
- Drain water from goji berries.
- Place soaked goji berries (or pumpkin puree), hot water and spices into a blender and blend on high.
- Heat coconut milk on the stovetop and whisk with a tiny wire whisk to make it frothy.
- Add coconut milk to the blended berry mixture and blend for 30 seconds on high.
- Pour into 2 mugs and sweeten with raw honey to taste. Enjoy!
Nutritionist Julie Daniluk RHN hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show, now shown in over 70 countries. Her award-winning bestseller, Meals That Heal Inflammation, has helped over 100,000 people enjoy allergy-free foods that taste great. Julie’s latest book, Hot Detox, was the number #1 Canadian health book in 2017 with 11 weeks on the best-seller list.
She has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show, and is a resident nutrition expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.