Feta Stuffed Chicken Summer Salad
50 g Feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 tsp Parsley flakes, dried
1/2 tsp Oregano, dried
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Paprika
1 tbsp Olive oil
1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Black pepper
2 Chicken breasts, medium sized
2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/4 tsp Honey
1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
2 cups Mixed greens
1/2 cup Radish, thinly sliced
1/2 cup English cucumber, sliced and halved
1/2 cup Strawberries, stems removed, quartered vertically
1. Preheat an oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, combine feta cheese with parsley flakes, oregano and garlic powder. Mix well. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine paprika, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
4. On a parchment lined baking tray, use a sharp knife to create a pocket in each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way across. Stuff each chicken breast with equal amounts of feta herb mixture (25 g per breast). Use a pastry brush to coat the chicken breast with seasoned paprika oil. Bake for 30 – 35 min or until internal temperature reaches at least 165F (cooking time may vary depending on the size of chicken breast you are using).
5. As the chicken cooks, make the lemon vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.
6. On a large serving platter, combine mixed greens, radish, cucumber and strawberries.
7. When the chicken is fully cooked, allow to rest for approximately 10 – 15 minutes before cutting.
8. Once chicken has cooled slightly, add to salad and top generously with lemon vinaigrette.
Recipe by Leanne Soochan, Big Carrot Nutritionist