Gluten-free Blueberry Yogurt Pancakes
These gluten-free blueberry yogurt pancakes are perfectly fluffy and feature one of our best local berries of the summer — blueberries! Feel free to swap in your favourite local produce (maybe peaches or strawberries? Yum!)
- 1 1/2 cups of oat flour (store bought or home made)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cashew milk (or any other milk)
- 1 cup sheep yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 1/8 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup wild blueberries
- Butter or coconut oil for cooking
- Optional toppings: almond butter, maple syrup, honey
- Mix the wet and the dry ingredients in separate bowls.
- Add dry to wet and combine well.
- Let sit for a few minutes on the counter.
- In the meantime, heat a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add a bit of butter or coconut oil to the pan and coat well.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of the batter and gently pour into pan.
- Add about 5-6 blueberries onto each pancake.
- When the tops of the pancakes start bubbling, it’s time to flip! Gently scoop the pancakes up with a spatula and flip.
- Cook the pancakes for a few minutes and check the bottom for a golden finish.
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven on a plate. Make sure to keep the oven heat on the lowest heat setting to avoid overcooking the pancakes.
- When the pancakes are all cooked, add extra blueberries to each serving when plating.
- Top with favourite toppings like maple syrup and enjoy!
Megan Horsley is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist at the Big Carrot Beaches Community Market and works with clients in her private practice, Megan Horsley Nutrition. For more information on services and recipes, visit her website: www.meganhorsleynutrition.com