Hazelnut Chocolate Brownies Recipe
If you haven’t tried nut butter in your brownies, you’re in for a treat. This simple one-pot method offers up gooey, nutty, chocolatey goodness. Makes 16 Brownies.
- ½ cup unsalted grass-fed butter, or butter substitute
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup white sugar, or sugar substitute
- ½ cup brown sugar, or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large organic pasture-raised eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, or gluten-free substitute
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Nuts to You Hazelnut Butter
- Pinch flaky sea salt for sprinkling on top
Nuts to You Almond Butter or Almond Hazelnut Butter are delicious substitutes for Hazelnut Butter.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment paper or lightly grease and flour.
- Melt butter over low heat in a medium saucepan (which becomes the mixing bowl).
- Remove from heat and whisk in sifted cocoa until smooth. Add sugars and vanilla, whisking until well combined. Whisk in the eggs until the batter thickens.
- Sift together flour and salt. Use a spatula to gently fold them into the batter until all flour is absorbed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing out surface with the spatula.
- Stir Hazelnut Butter very well before measuring. Drizzle in rows over top of the batter. Using the tip of a knife, lightly mix Hazelnut Butter into the batter to create a marbled pattern on the surface.
- Sprinkle a pinch of flaky sea salt on top.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes until top and edges are set but centre moves a little. For a less gooey texture, bake 26 to 28 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Hazelnut Chocolate Brownies Recipe provided by Nuts to You.