These recipes are a great addition to your next BBQ or picnic. Not only are they healthy, but also very quick and easy to prepare! Serve with coleslaw or veggie-packed pasta salad and you’ve got a whole meal!
6 chicken drumsticks
1 cup almonds (I used sliced, but whole almonds work fine as well)
1 tsp + pinch more to season drumsticks sea salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/4 chipotle powder or smoked paprika
2 tsp dried chives (optional)
1 tbsp milk of choice (I used almond)
1. Start by seasoning your chicken with a pinch of sea salt.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F
3. In a food processor, add all of your dry ingredients and pulse until desired consistency. Aim for an even crumble rather than a fine powder. Pour crumble onto a plate or shallow dish
4. In a bowl, mix egg and milk until combined.
5. One at a time, dip drumsticks into the egg wash and then roll in almond crumble. Try to cover as much of the meat as possible with crumble.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place crumble covered drumsticks on.
7. Bake for 45 mins, turning drumsticks after 20 minutes.
*This recipe could be made vegan by replacing drumsticks with firm tofu and omitting the egg wash!
*Serve with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Anna Hennigs, Certified Nutritional Practitioner