Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Makes 12 muffins
- 1.5 cups light buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree or 212g of cooked pumpkin, pureed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw/toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and mix with pumpkin, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla and olive oil.
- In a separate large bowl, mix buckwheat flour, xanthum gum, baking soda, baking powder, and all spices.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin tray. Top with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool on rack before eating.
(Originally posted on meganhorsleynutrition.com)
Megan Horsley is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist at the Big Carrot Beaches Community Market and works with clients in her private practice, Megan Horsley Nutrition. For more information on services and recipes, visit her website: www.meganhorsleynutrition.com