12 serving donut pan *
1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk, warmed/room temperature
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
¼ cup + 2 tbsps brown rice flour
1 ½ cups almond flour, sifted
4 tbsp shredded coconut
6 tbsp maple syrup
6 tbsp coconut oil
Pinch of cinnamon
Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease the donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin, egg, oil, sweeteners, vanilla extract and almond milk.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Be sure to break up any clumps.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, whisking to combine well.
- Fill the donut pan molds ¾ full.
- Bake the donuts for 20-22 minutes, or until they are slightly firm and spongey.
- Meanwhile, blend together the glaze ingredients in a high-powered blender. Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients by hand, but you will have a coarser mixture.
- When the donuts are done and have cooled for about 10 minutes, dip or drizzle the glaze on the donuts. Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.
*A silicone pan is best and easiest to use because you can easily pop the donuts out!
**You can try making these donuts vegan by subbing in a flax egg for the egg. Mix 1 tbsp of ground flax with 3 tbsp of water. Let this sit for 15 minutes before adding to the wet ingredients.
Recipe by Megan Horsley
Megan Horsley is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and works with clients in her private practice, Megan Horsley Nutrition. For more information on services and recipes, visit her website: www.meganhorsleynutrition.com