Sage, Walnut & Cauliflower Stuffed Butternut Squash
Serves 6 as a side dish
3 small honey nut butternut squashes, cut in half length-wise
3/4 cup cauliflower rice
3 large sage leaves, minced
1 carrot, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1 small shallot, minced
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Fine sea salt
Pepper, freshly ground
3-4 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1. Pre-oven to 400F. Scoop seeds out of the squash and place the squash cut side up on a baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pan on medium heat, sauté the shallot, garlic, salt and pepper for a few minutes until fragrant. Then, add in the chopped vegetables, sage, ground coriander and walnuts. Cook for about 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened. Set aside.
3. Remove squash from the oven, scoop out the squash flesh and add it to the vegetable mixture. Be sure to incorporate the squash well. Adjust seasoning as needed.
4. Fill the empty squash skins with the vegetable mixture and place the filled squash on the same baking sheet. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes so that the top of the filling can brown slightly.
5. Remove the squash from the oven and sprinkle with chopped basil.