Smoky Cheesy Kale Chips
Prep: 5 minutes Cook time: 12 minutes Total: 17 minutes to kale chip heaven
1 large bunch green kale
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp Himalayan salt
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
¼ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cumin powder
¼ tsp chipotle powder
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Remove kale leaves from the stems. Rip into bite-sized pieces
- Wash and dry really well with paper towel.*
- In a large bowl, dump olive oil on kale pieces and massage well. We want to make sure every cm is covered!
- Add 2-3 tbsps of coating mix to the bowl and massage coating into leaves to ensure they’re covered with the coating.
- Spread the kale pieces evenly on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 12 minutes. The kale chips are done when they are crispy and slightly browned.
- Store in an airtight bag or container and enjoy for a week.
*Note: if the leaves are left wet, they will steam instead of crisp up in the oven!
- Kale is a fantastic source of vitamin K, the fat-soluble vitamin that promotes bone health and blood clotting (for wound healing).
- Benefits both detox pathways in the liver, making it an excellent detoxifying food
- Great source of fibre for blood-sugar balancing and gut health
Megan Horsley is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist at the Big Carrot Beaches Community Market and works with clients in her private practice, Megan Horsley Nutrition. For more information on services and recipes, visit her website: www.meganhorsleynutrition.com