Sparkling Lavender Blueberry Lemonade
Time: 1 hour
Two 500 mL mason jars
4 cups (500 mL) Water
4 tsp (20 mL) Lavender, dried, culinary grade
1 pc Lemon juice
1 tbsp (15 mL) Honey
½ cup Frozen blueberries
2 tbsp (30 mL) Club soda, unsweetened or low sodium
1. Fill a large pot with 4 cups of water, pour in the dried lavender and loosely cover so steam may escape.
2. Over high heat, bring the water and lavender up to boil for 20 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat, add in lemon juice, honey and frozen blueberries. Using the back of a metal spoon, crush the blueberries up against the inside of the pot to extract their juices, approximately 5 minutes.
4. Let sit until cool.
5. Strain the lemonade into mason jars and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to mingle together.
6. Serve with ¼ cup of ice and a splash (2 tbsp) of club soda.
Keep drink refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
Recipe by Leanne Soochan, Big Carrot nutritionist