Tomato, Peach, Feta Salad
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 bunch fresh dill
A fresh lemon
1. Rinse and slice the pint of tomatoes
2. Rinse (really get any dirt out of there!) and finely chop a small handful of fresh dill
3. Slice about a quarter of a small onion as thinly as possibly. Remember in the movie Good Fellas when the mobsters sliced their garlic with razor blades so it’d melt into the sauce? That’s how thin you want it!
4. Rinse and slice 1-2 peaches (or nectarines or plums)
5. Crumble 2-3 tablespoons of feta cheese over the salad
6. Drizzle liberally with olive oil and the juice of 1 medium lemon
7. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
8. Feel pretty darn smug about how good your healthy summer salad tastes!
Peter Roberts is a sought after nutrition consultant and strength and conditioning coach in Toronto. He’s been the head coach at Quantum CrossFit since 2010 (East York’s most highly rated gym) and consulted with Canada Basketball and Rugby League Canada, among others. He provides free fitness and nutrition resources on his site peterrobertscoaching.com to teach people how to get fitter and feel great without it being a struggle.