Vegetarian Kimchi Stew
2 pc White potato, large, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
2 pc White onion, large, large dice
2 pc Carrot, medium, cut on a bias in half inch slices
2 pc Garlic cloves, large
1/2 cup Live Brand Authentic Plant-Based Kimchi (Ingredients: Cabbage, radish, apple, gochugaru, garlic, ginger, chives, sea salt)
1 tsp White Miso
1 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
3 tbsp Tamari
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tbsp Sugar
1/8 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
2.5 cups Water
1 bunch Green onion, cut on a bias
1. Fill a large pot with water, over high heat and boil cubed potatoes until tender. Approximately, 10 to 15 minutes. Once cooked, drain potatoes and set aside in a large bowl.
2. In the same pot over medium-high heat, warm up sunflower oil. Add in onions, carrots, and saute until the onions are translucent and the carrots have softened. Add in garlic and cook until it begins to brown. Add in kimchi, miso paste, toasted sesame oil, tamari, paprika, sugar, salt and black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add in cooked potatoes and 2.5 cups of water. Stir thoroughly. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes break down a little and the kimchi stew thickens.
4. Garnish with green onion.
5. Serve with rice and enjoy.
Recipe by Leanne Soochan, Nutritionist at The Big Carrot