Work with Us
All our most current job openings are listed below. Simply click on APPLY NOW to attach your resume and cover letter
We would like to thank you for choosing The Big Carrot. Please remember only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Big Carrot is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Produce-Bulk Staff (Full-time, 33-37.5 hours/wk) - Danforth Location
The primary function of the Produce-Bulk Staff is to maintain a well stocked floor and clean department area while providing great customer service and being mindful of general operating procedures.
- Follows designated departmental methods and store policies and procedures including, but not limited to, organic compliance standards for prioritizing, organizing and receiving orders, labeling, rotating and processing stock, storage, cleaning and waste removal.
- Maintains clean, neat, and appropriately labelled shelves (i.e. name of products, price, sale price, etc.)
- Coordinates the flow of stock from the back store room onto the shelves and into bins on the sales floor, pulling and rotating product according to expiry dates.
- Maintains awareness of spatial orientation on the floor to allow ease of customer traffic in the aisles.
- Provides excellent customer service by offering prompt, informative and polite customer service to all customers when on the floor or over the phone (includes retrieving products for customers and ensuring customer questions or concerns are addressed).
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, fellow employees, and customers regarding special orders, product requests, and day-to-day briefs as per departmental methods and policies.
- All other tasks deemed necessary by the Department Manager.
- Ability to move loads of 35+ lbs.
- Strong work ethic, shows initiative and the motivation to complete work assignments
- Punctuality – arriving to work on time and completing assigned shifts
- Flexibility of schedule (weekends and evening)
- No previous education required
- Previous experience working with produce, retail, grocery, and/or customer service is an asset
The Big Carrot is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.