The Big Carrot Community Market is a great place to work and grow. We understand that our employees ultimately make us who we are. We strive to employ passionate and engaged individuals from diverse backgrounds who, through their passion and character, bring our vision for health and community closer together.
The primary function of the Customer Service Representative is to provide overall frontline customer care, through clear communication with customers, staff, and department managers. The role requires effectively delivering one-to-one and group information either in a preventative or a service capacity, and to achieve and maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent customer care aptitude in all avenues of customer interaction.
- Research and update customer handout sheets.
- Process customer requests i.e cooking class enrollment, mail outs, nutritional store tours (refer to department training binder.)
- Various cashier duties: keying in or scanning the price of merchandise, receiving payments, bagging productivity
- Receive, stock, and face appliances/department products.
- Follow opening, closing, and cleaning procedures.
- Facilitate and support the roles of the Department Manager and Head Nutritionist.
- Completes all tasks as indicated by Department Manager, Head Nutritionists, and Standards Coordinator as required to fill the needs of the job.
- Identify and offer accessibility customer service assistance to anyone entering the building that has a visible disability. Involves retrieving desired items or providing personal shopping assistance.
- Responsibilities may include any additional job-related duties as required by the Store Manager
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years previous customer service experience or working one-on-one with the public is an asset.
- Teamwork skills demonstrated from past work experience an asset.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and social skills.
- Previous experience working with processing cash, debit and credit transactions an asset
- Must be available evenings and weekends
The Big Carrot is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Please note only those individuals legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for employment with the Big Carrot.
Job Type: Part-time
Rate: $15.50 per hour