- Whenever possible use whole, fresh foods (the less processed and packaged the better)
- Keep it colourful (colour= fantastic phytonutrients)
- Try something new - how about a smoothie or a wrap instead of a sandwich?
- Get creative - choose fun containers, invent silly names, cut out shapes, write a note for the lunchbag
- Invite your kids to participate in the planning and preparation of their meals
- Chat about the great things healthy foods can do for our bodies and lead by example
Feeding your kids the right fuel will boost their mood, energy and focus - making the school day more enjoyable for everyone! Here are a few tips for making mealtime healthy and happy: